Ear Canal Problems (Swimmer's Ear)
Symptoms to watch for during home treatment
Call your doctor if any of the following occur during home treatment:
- The ear canal, the opening to the ear canal, the external ear, or the skin around the external ear becomes swollen, red, or very painful.
- Dizziness or unsteadiness develops.
- Bleeding or discharge from the ear develops.
- Ear symptoms last longer than 1 week.
- Symptoms become more severe or frequent.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
June 04, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Ear Canal Problems (Swimmer's Ear) Topics