Ear Problems and Injuries, Age 12 and Older
Check Your Symptoms
Call your doctor now or seek immediate medical care if:
- You have a fever.
- You feel a lump in your neck or jaw.
- The area around the ear starts to swell.
- There is pus or blood draining from the ear.
- There is new or different drainage from the ear.
Watch closely for changes in your health, and be sure to contact your doctor if:
- Your pain gets worse.
- You do not get better as expected.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
June 04, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Ear Problems and Injuries, Age 12 and Older Topics