Ear Problems and Injuries,Age 12 and Older
Do you have any of the following symptoms that require emergency treatment?
Call 911 or other emergency services immediately.
- Sudden hearing loss occurs with other symptoms,
- •Facial droop.
- •Numbness or paralysis on all
or one side of the face or body.
- •Eye or vision problems, including
blurred or double vision or the inability to see out of one
- •Slurred speech, inability to speak, or difficulty
- •Difficulty standing or walking
- •Severe nausea or vomiting.
- •Dizziness (vertigo).
- •Sudden ringing or buzzing in
the ears (tinnitus).
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
February 13, 2008
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2010 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Ear Problems and Injuries,Age 12 and Older Topics