Finger, Hand, and Wrist Problems, Noninjury
Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your
doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the
- What are your main symptoms? How long have you
had your symptoms?
- Have you had this problem in the past? If so, do
you know what caused the problem at that time? How was it treated? What do you
think is causing your symptoms now?
- What activities make your
symptoms better or worse? Have you started any new activities, sports, or
- Do you think that activities related to your
job or hobbies caused your symptoms?
- What home treatment have you
tried? Did it help?
- What nonprescription medicines have you tried?
Did they help?
- Have you started any new medicines, or have you had
a change in the dosage of a medicine?
- Do you have any
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 14, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Finger, Hand, and Wrist Problems, Noninjury Topics