Hip Injuries, Age 12 and Older
Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your
doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to
answer the following questions:
- What are your main symptoms? How long have you
had your symptoms?
- How and when did an injury occur?
- Have you had any injuries in the past to the same area? Do you
have any continuing problems because of the previous injury?
- Do you
have hip pain when you walk? How far can you walk without discomfort? Does the
pain get better or worse as you continue to walk?
- What activities
make your symptoms better or worse?
- What sports activities are you
involved in? Have you recently started a new activity?
- Do you think
that activities related to your job or hobbies caused your
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Did they
- What nonprescription medicines have you tried? Did they help?
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines do you
- Do you have any
health risks that may increase the seriousness of your
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
July 29, 2012
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Hip Injuries, Age 12 and Older Topics