Reduce stress on your leg (until you can get advice from your
- Use a cane or crutch in the hand opposite your
- Use two crutches, keeping weight off your leg. Canes
and crutches can be rented from most pharmacies. Crutches are recommended if a
cane causes you to walk with a limp.
For more information about the home treatment of problems
varicose veins, see the topic
Symptoms to watch for during home treatment
Call your doctor if any of the following occur during home
- You are unable to use your leg
- Pain or swelling develops.
- Signs of infection develop.
- Numbness or
- Cool, pale skin develops.
continue after 2 weeks of home treatment.
- Symptoms become more
frequent or more severe.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
August 04, 2010
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2013 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Leg Problems,Noninjury Topics