Neck pain may:
- Spread to the upper back, shoulders, or arms.
- Be worse with movement.
- Make your neck stiff or
- Cause headaches. These are common and may last for months.
Nerve-related symptoms caused by pressure on the
spinal nerve roots or
spinal cord include:
- Numbness, tingling, or weakness in your arm or hand.
- A burning feeling when you are touched on the skin of the arm or hand.
- A pain that feels like a shock and extends into your arm or
- Leg numbness or weakness, and loss of the ability to control
urination (bladder control) or bowel movements. This can occur when
there is pressure on or injury to the spinal cord.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 19, 2012
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.