Questions for the Pharmacist When Filling a New Prescription
- Is this exactly what my doctor prescribed?
- What is the name and strength of my prescription?
- How often should I take this drug?
- What should I do if I miss a dose?
- Does it matter what time of day I take this drug?
- Is there anything I should avoid while taking this drug (such as driving or alcohol)?
- How will it interact with other prescription or over-the-counter drugs I am taking?
- How will it interact with vitamins, herbal supplements, or foods?
- What side effects should I watch for?
- What should I do if I have a bad reaction?
- How should I store the drug?
- If I feel better before I finish the prescription, should I continue taking this drug?
- Are there other prescription, over-the-counter, or generic drugs I could take instead?
- What else should I know about this drug?
© 2016 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.