Check Your Symptoms
Call your doctor now or seek immediate medical care if:
- You have signs of infection, such as:
- Increased pain, swelling, warmth, or redness around the scrape.
- Red streaks leading from the scrape.
- Pus draining from the scrape.
- A fever.
- The scrape starts to bleed, and blood soaks through the bandage. Oozing small amounts of blood is normal.
Watch closely for changes in your health, and be sure to contact your doctor if the scrape is not getting better each day.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
June 04, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.