The signs of
stress can be physical or mental. Some people call
this "storing" stress in the body (physical) or in the mind (mental).
Common physical symptoms of stress include:
You also may notice signs of stress in your thinking,
behavior, or mood. You may:
- Become irritable and intolerant of even minor
- Feel irritated or frustrated, lose your temper more
often, and yell at others for no reason.
- Feel jumpy or exhausted
all the time.
- Find it hard to concentrate or focus on
- Worry too much about insignificant things.
- Doubt your ability to do things.
- Imagine negative,
worrisome, or terrifying scenes.
- Feel you are missing opportunities
because you cannot act quickly.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
May 15, 2012
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.