To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- What are your main symptoms?
- How long have you had your symptoms?
- How and when did the injury occur? How was it treated?
- Have you ever had any injuries to the same area? Do you have any ongoing problems because of the previous injury?
- What activities related to sports, work, or your lifestyle make your symptoms better or worse?
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Did home treatment help?
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines have you tried? Did they help?
- Do you have any health risks?