Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- What is your major symptom, weakness or fatigue?
- Have you had these symptoms before? If so:
- Did you see a doctor for an evaluation of your symptoms?
- What was the diagnosis?
- How were your symptoms treated?
- What other symptoms do you have that may be related to your major symptom?
- How long have you had your symptoms? Describe what was happening when you first noticed your symptoms.
- What makes your symptoms better or worse?
- What home treatment have you tried?
- Are you experiencing any particular stress at home, work, or school that could be causing your weakness or fatigue?
- Are you using any alcohol or other drugs, such as caffeine or nicotine, that may be causing fatigue?
- What medicines have you used, both prescription and nonprescription?
- Do you have any health risks?
While you are waiting for your appointment, it may be helpful to keep a diary of your symptoms(What is a PDF document?).
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 14, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Weakness and Fatigue Topics