Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your
doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the
- What is your major symptom,
- Have you had these symptoms
before? If so:
- Did you see a doctor for an evaluation of
- What was the diagnosis?
- How were your
- What other symptoms do you have that may be related
to your major symptom?
- How long have you had your symptoms?
Describe what was happening when you first noticed your
- What makes your symptoms better or
- What home treatment have you tried?
- Are you
experiencing any particular stress at home, work, or school that could be
causing your weakness or fatigue?
- Are you using any alcohol or
other drugs, such as caffeine or nicotine, that may be causing
- What medicines have you used, both prescription and
- Do you have any
While you are waiting for your appointment, it may be helpful
to keep a
diary of your symptoms(What is a PDF document?).
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 14, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Weakness and Fatigue Topics