Skip to content
    Font Size

    ADHD in Children: When a Teacher Recognizes ADHD Symptoms


    Getting Support for Yourself if Your Child Has ADHD

    Your child's teacher can be a good supporter and resource, but you may want more help dealing with the challenges and emotions of parenting a child with ADHD, or with concerns about medications or other issues.

    Read and learn as much as you can about ADHD and its treatment. Other resources include your child's doctor or other professional who diagnosed ADHD, and other parents of children with ADHD.

    A national nonprofit organization called Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD) also has resources, including support groups for families. The organization's web site lists support groups in your area, and gives information on how to start a group.

    WebMD Medical Reference

    Reviewed by Smitha Bhandari, MD on October 07, 2014
    1 | 2
    Next Article:

    What symptoms of ADHD does your child have?