10 Important Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Allergies
Newly Diagnosed With Allergies
Because you’ve recently been diagnosed with allergies, you may want to ask your doctor these questions at your next visit:
1. Can some other conditions be misdiagnosed as allergies? If so, which ones? Have they been ruled out?
2. What triggers my allergies?
3. Are there things I can do at home or in my life to reduce my allergic reactions?
4. Is medicine necessary? Are there alternative treatments?
5. If medicine is needed, how does the medicine work? What are the side effects? Is long-term use harmful?
6. Do people outgrow allergies?
7. How will having allergies affect me? Can other problems develop?
8. Where can I learn more about how to live with allergies?
9. What, if any, special accommodations do you recommend for school, home, or work?
10. How often do I need to come for an office visit?