10 Questions to Ask Your Pediatrician About Childhood Allergies
Your child’s doctor has a lot of great information about allergies, but it's so easy to forget important questions when you're in the office. Here’s a list of key things to ask about kids' allergies. Print it and take it to your child’s next appointment.
- How do you know my child has nasal allergies?
- Which over-the-counter or prescription medicines would help most? Which side effects should I watch for?
- Does my child need allergy shots? What about further testing or other treatment?
- Is there anything else I should do to help control the allergies, like dusting more often?
- If my child gets a cough, especially at night, could that be related to nasal allergies?
- How can I tell the difference between allergies and a cold?
- Do pets make treating allergies harder?
- Is there a difference between indoor and outdoor allergies?
- Which symptoms are so serious that I should bring my child in to see you?
- When should my child see a specialist for allergy treatment?