Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Allergies Health Center

Font Size

How to Survive Spring Allergy Season

Top allergy experts answer the 10 most pressing questions on treatment, care, and prevention of spring allergies.

If I have allergies, will my kids have them too?

Unfortunately, the pollen doesn't fall far from the tree. In this case, family can be destiny.

"If one parent has allergies, then his child has a 33% chance of developing allergies," says Kao. "If both parents have allergies, then their child has a 67% chance."

His advice to avoid passing your allergies on to your kids? "Be careful whom you marry," says Kao, half joking.

Originally published in the March/April 2008 issue ofWebMD the Magazine.

Reviewed on February 01, 2008

Today on WebMD

man blowing nose
Make these tweaks to your diet, home, and lifestyle.
Allergy capsule
Breathe easier with these products.
cat on couch
Live in harmony with your cat or dog.
Woman sneezing with tissue in meadow
Which ones affect you?

woman sneezing
Bottle of allergy capsules and daisies
Urban blossoms
Woman blowing nose

Send yourself a link to download the app.

Loading ...

Please wait...

This feature is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.


Now check your email account on your mobile phone to download your new app.

Woman with itchy watery eyes
Allergy prick test
Man sneezing into tissue
woman with duster crinkling nose