Food Allergies: Questions for Your Doctor
- Am I really allergic to this food?
- Can I outgrow my food allergy?
- What will happen if I eat this food again?
- Can you give me a complete list of foods I should avoid?
- How can I avoid trigger foods?
- Could these foods be called different things on food packaging?
- What should I do if I eat the food accidentally?
- Do I need to carry epinephrine shots (such as Auvi-Q or Epi-Pen)?
- Should I get medical ID jewelry for emergencies? Should I call the doctor every time I have an allergic reaction?
- Do I need to make an appointment with an allergy specialist?
- Should I get an allergy test? Why or why not? How does that work?
- Should I keep a food diary?
- Do I need to worry about getting the right nutrition because of my allergy?
- How can I make sure I am getting enough nutrients if I avoid this food?
- Can you refer me to a dietitian who can help me with a food plan?
- Could I be allergic to other foods, now or in the future?
- Should I be worried about other allergies?
- When should I be tested again?
Jennifer Robinson, MD on December 02, 2014
© 2014 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.