Food Allergies: Questions for Your Doctor
If you sometimes get hives or a rash after you eat, talk to your doctor to see if a food allergy is the cause. When you go in for your appointment, take this list with you to make sure you get all your questions answered.
- Can I outgrow my food allergy?
- Can you give me a complete list of foods I should avoid?
- How can I avoid trigger foods?
- Could these foods be called different things on food packaging?
- What should I do if I eat the food accidentally?
- Do I need to carry epinephrine shots (such as Auvi-Q or EpiPen)?
- Should I get medical ID jewelry for emergencies?
- Do I need to see an allergy specialist?
- Should I get an allergy test?
- Should I keep a food diary?
- How can I make sure I get enough nutrients if I avoid this food?
- Should I see a dietitian to help me with an eating plan?
- Could I be allergic to other foods, now or in the future?