Insect Allergy: Questions for Your Doctor
If you're on the way to your doctor's office to check an allergic reaction to an insect sting, take this list with you. It will help you get all your questions answered.
- Will this type of reaction happen again?
- What's my risk of anaphylaxis, a serious reaction that's sometimes life-threatening?
- What insects am I allergic to?
- What should I do if I get stung?
- Should I carry an Auvi-Q or EpiPen (epinephrine shot) with me? If so, how many?
- Should I get medical ID jewelry for emergencies?
- How can I avoid insects?
- Will my insect allergies get better or worse over time?
- Should I see an allergist?
- Should I call the doctor every time I have an allergic reaction?
- Are there other things I could be allergic to now or in the future?
- How important is it for me to get an allergy test?