Skip to content

    Allergies Health Center

    Font Size

    Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Skin Allergies

    1. What's causing my skin allergy? Am I allergic to something specific?
    2. Do I need allergy testing? Should I see a specialist?
    3. What will make my rash feel better? Will it go away?
    4. Can I use over-the-counter medications, or do I need prescription drugs?
    5. If I need medicine, what are the possible side effects?
    6. Are there things I should avoid?
    7. Can I take something to prevent an allergic reaction?
    8. Are there other treatments that could help?
    9. Should I be worried about an allergic emergency? What should I watch for?
    10. Do I need to be concerned about other allergies?

    WebMD Medical Reference

    Reviewed by Stephanie S. Gardner, MD on April 13, 2016

    Today on WebMD

    man blowing nose
    Make these tweaks to your diet, home, and lifestyle.
    Allergy capsule
    Breathe easier with these products.
    cat on couch
    Live in harmony with your cat or dog.
    Woman sneezing with tissue in meadow
    Which ones affect you?

    blowing nose
    woman with sore throat
    lone star tick
    Woman blowing nose

    Send yourself a link to download the app.

    Loading ...

    Please wait...

    This feature is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.


    Now check your email account on your mobile phone to download your new app.

    cat lying on shelf
    Allergy prick test
    Man sneezing into tissue
    Woman holding feather duster up to face, twitching