Creating a Safe Environment for Alzheimer's Disease Patients
- Make your home environment as comfortable and sensory pleasing as possible.
- Decorate with colors you find soothing; use potpourri with fragrances that relax you.
- Keep photos and music around that uplift your spirits.
- If you would like company during the day, consider a pet such as a bird, fish, or cat. If you are concerned about the pet's daily care, surround yourself with plants or flowers.
- Make sure the temperature and climate are suitable to your sensitivities.
The more comfortable and safe you feel in your surroundings, the more manageable your diagnosis with Alzheimer's disease will be.