Fading Memories: Is It Alzheimer's?
May 8, 2001 -- The Alzheimer's Association released a list of 10 warning signs to help people to recognize some of the common symptoms of this mental illness. If some of the following signs seem to be applicable to you or someone you know, see a doctor for an examination and professional medical advice.
- Memory loss that affects job skills.
- Difficulty performing familiar tasks.
- Problems with language.
- Losing track of time and getting lost.
- Poor or decreased judgment.
- Inability to think about things in a conceptual way -- or being too literal.
- Misplacing things.
- Changes in mood or behavior.
- Changes in personality.
- Loss of initiative.