Baby Development 1st Trimester Highlights
A lot has happened in the past three months. Your baby is only 3 or 4 inches long, but already can open and close his fists and mouth. Fingernails and toenails are just beginning to develop. Already, your tiny baby has:
- A brain, spinal cord, and flexible backbone.
- Lungs that are not fully developed.
- A heart that beats 120 to 160 beats per minute.
- All major organs, but not fully developed.
- A soft skeleton.
- Eyes with eyelids that stay closed.
- A nose, mouth, and chin.
- Distinct fingers and toes and tiny fingernails.
- Genitalia, not fully developed.
- Little teeth buds.