Preparing for Bottle Feeding Twins
You may plan to bottle feed your babies exclusively. Or, you may want to supplement breastfeeding with bottle feeding. Either way, this handy checklist can help you prepare for bottle feeding and bonding with your babies.
- Check out formula types: powdered, liquid, and ready-to-use.
- Ask your pediatrician which formula is best for your babies.
- Ask your doctor for a feeding chart.
- Gather bottles, nipples, rings, caps.
- Be sure bottles are BPA-free (labeled 2, 4, 5 recyclable).
- Do a practice run. Wash bottles, prepare formula.
- Learn how best to store unused formula.
- Learn the golden rule: both twins feed at the same time.
- Consider a twin feeding pillow for two-at-a-time feeding.
- Stay prepared by storing extras. Make sure you are careful to follow storage guidelines regarding used vs. unused bottles and refrigeration vs. room temperature.