For many women, the toughest part of
early pregnancy is morning sickness. If you are suffering from nausea,
vomiting, or both, you need safe measures that will bring you some relief. Your
best course of action for managing morning sickness is home treatment. By
following a few proven guidelines, you are likely to gain significant relief
from nausea and vomiting. Home treatment measures for morning sickness
- Changing what, when, and how much you
- Taking ginger, vitamin B6, or vitamin B12, which may
reduce nausea and/or vomiting during pregnancy.
- Avoiding foods and
smells that make you feel sick.
- Trying acupressure, which seems to work for some
- Taking doxylamine with vitamin B6, which you can buy without
a prescription. Talk to your doctor before taking this remedy.
If you have severe, persistent nausea and vomiting, see
your doctor or nurse-midwife immediately. This uncommon complication of
pregnancy can lead to dehydration and malnutrition, sometimes requiring
prescribed medicine or hospitalization.
- Multiple Pregnancy: Twins or More
- Pregnancy-Related Problems