You Can Predict Your Newborn's Weight
Equation Just as Good as Ultrasound, Easier to Use
WebMD News Archive
Pointers for performing the calculations:
- Perform all multiplications before the additions.
- Gestational age is the stage of your pregnancy in days, or days since the onset of your last normal menstrual period plus 14.
- For fetal sex, use 1 for a boy, -1 for a girl, or 0 if sex is unknown.
- For mother's height, inches multiplied by 2.54 gives you centimeters.
- For the mother's weight, pounds divided by 2.2 gives you kilograms.
- For the baby's birth weight, take the number from your calculation and divide by 453 to get your baby's estimated weight in pounds.
If you don't have a thing for math, you might want to show this to your obstetrician. -->