Ectopic Pregnancy - When To Call a Doctor
If you are pregnant, be alert to
the symptoms that may mean you have an
ectopic pregnancy, especially if you are at risk.
If you have symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy or you are being treated for an ectopic pregnancy, avoid
strenuous activity until your symptoms have been evaluated by a doctor.
Call911or other emergency services immediately if:
- You passed out (lost consciousness).
- You have severe vaginal bleeding.
- You have sudden, severe pain in your belly or pelvis.
Call your doctor now or seek immediate medical care if:
- You are dizzy or lightheaded, or you feel like you may faint.
- You have vaginal bleeding.
- You have new cramps or new pain in your belly or pelvis.
Who to see
The following health professionals
can evaluate you for an ectopic pregnancy:
A diagnosed ectopic pregnancy is treated by a
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.