What Are the Symptoms of Preterm Labor and Birth?
The symptoms of preterm labor and birth include:
- Contractions before 37 weeks of pregnancy, with a tightening and hardening of the uterine muscle, 10 minutes apart or less (these may be painless)
- Cramps similar to menstrual cramps
- Low backache
- A feeling of pelvic pressure
- Abdominal cramps, gas, or diarrhea
- Vaginal spotting or bleeding
- A change in quality or quantity of vaginal discharge, especially any gush or leak of fluid
Call Your Doctor If:
You notice or feel any of the above symptoms.