Urination Frequency With Twins
It's normal to have to pee often when you're pregnant. Early in your pregnancy, your body produces a hormone that may increase urination. In your second and third trimesters, your expanding uterus pushes down on your bladder. The pressure can wake you up several times a night to go to the bathroom. You may also have the urge to go even when your bladder is almost empty. This problem usually goes away a few days after your babies are born.
Call Doctor If:
- It hurts or burns when you urinate. You may have a urinary tract infection. This should be treated right away.
- You have the urge to go again immediately after you emptied your bladder.
- You also have a fever.
- There is blood in your urine.
- Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.
- Try to drink fluids mostly during the day. Drink less in the evening and at night. This should help you cut back on nighttime bathroom visits.
- Avoid coffee, tea, colas, and other caffeinated drinks. These can make you urinate more often.
- Avoid tight-fitting pantyhose, underwear, or pants.