Education and Counseling to Prevent Low Back Pain
33. Troup JDG, Foreman TK, Baxter CE, et al. The perception of back pain and the role of psychophysical tests of lifting capacity. Spine 1987;12:645-657.
34. McNeill T, Warwick D, Andersson G, et al. Trunk strengths in attempted flexion, extension, and lateral bending in healthy subjects and patients with low back disorders. Spine 1980;5:529-538.
35. Nachemson A, Lindh M. Measurement of abdominal and back muscle strength with and without low back pain. Scand J Rehabil Med 1969;1:60-65.
36. Gundewall B, Liljeqvist M, Hansson T. Primary prevention of back symptoms and absence from work. A prospective randomized study among hospital employees. Spine 1993;18:587-594.
37. Donchin M, Woolf O, Kaplan L, et al. Secondary prevention of low-back pain: a clinical trial. Spine 1990;15:1317-1320.
38. Kellett KM, Kellett DA, Nordholm LA. Effects of an exercise program on sick leave due to low back pain. Phys Ther 1991;4:283-293.
39. Linton SJ, Bradley LA, Jensen I, et al. The secondary prevention of low back pain: a controlled study with follow-up. Pain 1989;36:197-207.
40. Linton SJ, Bradley LA. An 18-month follow-up of a secondary prevention program for back pain: help and hindrance factors related to outcome maintenance. Clin J Pain 1992;8:227-236.
41. Dehlin O, Berg S, Andersson GBJ, et al. Effect of physical training and ergonomic counseling on the psychological perception of work and on the subjective assessment of low back insufficiency. Scand J Rehabil Med 1981;13:1-9.
42. Dehlin O, Berg S, Hedinrud B, et al. Muscle training, psychological perception of work and low back symptoms in nurses aides. Scan J Rehabil Med 1978;10:201-209.
43. Agency for Health Care Policy and Research. Clinical practice guideline, acute low back problems in adults. Washington, DC: Department of Health and Human Services, 1994. (Publication no. 95-0642.)
44. BNA special report. Back injuries: cost, causes, cases & prevention. Washington, DC: The Bureau of National Affairs, Inc., 1988.
45. Reddell CR, Congleton JJ, Huchingson RD, et al. An evaluation of a weightlifting belt and back injury prevention training class for airline baggage handlers. Appl Ergon 1992;23:319-329.