Education and Counseling to Prevent Low Back Pain
55. Roncarati A, McMullen W. Correlates of low back pain in a general population sample: a multidisciplinary perspective. J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1988;11:158-164.
56. Cox JM, Trier KK. Exercise and smoking habits in patients with and without low back and leg pain. J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1987;10:239-245.
57. O'Connor FG, Marlowe SS. Low back pain in military basic trainees: a pilot study. Spine 1993;18:1351-1354.
58. Battié MC, Videman T, Gill K, et al. Smoking and lumbar intervertebral disk degeneration: an MRI study of identical twins. Spine 1991;16:1015-1021.
59. Harvey BL. Self-care practices to prevent low back pain. Am Assoc Occup Health Nurs J 1988;36:211-217.
60. Bigos SJ, Battié MC, Spengler DM, et al. A prospective study of work perceptions and psychosocial factors affecting the report of back injury. Spine 1991;16:1-6.
61. Frymoyer JW, Pope MH, Costanza MC, et al. Epidemiologic studies of low-back pain. Spine 1980;5:419-424.
62. Frymoyer JW, Rosen JC, Clements J, et al. Psychologic factors in low-back-pain disability. Clin Orthop 1985;195:178-184.
63. Pope MH, Rosen JC, Wilder DG, et al. The relation between biomechanical and psychological factors in patients with low-back pain. Spine 1980;5:173-178.
64. Snook SH, White AH. Education and training. In: Pope MH, Frymoyer JW, Andersson G, et al. Occupational low back pain. New York:Praeger Press,1984:233-244.
65. Fielding JE, Piserchia PU. Frequency of worksite health promotion activities. Am J Public Health 1989;79:6-20.
66. Mattmiller AW. The California back school. Physiotherapy 1980;66:118-122.
67. Schlapbach P. Back school. In: Schlapbach P, Gerber NJ, eds. Physiotherapy: controlled trials and facts. Rheumatology, vol 14. Basel:S. Karger,1991:25-33.
68. Forssell MZ. The back school. Spine 1981;6:104-106.
69. Linton SJ, Kamwendo K. Low back schools, a critical review. Phys Ther 1987;67:1375-1383.
70. Hall H. The Canadian back education units. Physiotherapy 1980;66:115-117.
71. Graveling RA. The prevention of back pain from manual handling. Ann Occup Hyg 1991;35:427-432.
72. Daltroy LH, Iversen MD, Larson MG, et al. Teaching and social support: effects on knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors to prevent low back injuries in industry. Health Educ Q 1993;20:43-62.
73. McCauley M. The effect of body mechanics instruction on work performance among young workers. Am J Occup Ther 1990;44:402-407.
74. Hellsing AL, Linton SJ, Andershed B, et al. Ergonomic education for nursing students. Int J Nurs Stud 1993;30:499-510.
75. Videman T, Rauhala H, Asp S, et al. Patient handling skill, back injuries, and back pain: an intervention study in nursing. Spine 1989;14:148-156.
76. Wood DJ. Design and evaluation of a back injury prevention program within a geriatric hospital. Spine 1987;12:77-82.