Education and Counseling to Prevent Low Back Pain
46. Ahlgren SA, Hansen T. The use of lumbosacral corsets prescribed for low back pain. Prosthet Orthot Int 1978;2:101-104.
47. Andersson GB. Factors important in the genesis and prevention of occupational back pain and disability. J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1992;15:43-46.
48. Heliovaara M. Risk factors for low back pain and sciatica. Ann Med 1989;21:257-264.
49. Boshuizen HC, Verbeek JH, Broersen JP, et al. Do smokers get more back pain? Spine 1993;18:35-40.
50. Frymoyer JW, Pope MH, Clement JH, at el. Risk factors in low back pain; an epidemiologic survey. J Bone Joint Surg 1983;65:213-218.
51. Battié MC, Bigos SJ. Industrial back pain complaints: a broader perspective. Orthop Clin North Am 1991;22:273-282.
52. Bigos SJ, Battié MC, Fisher LD, et al. A prospective evaluation of preemployment screening methods for acute industrial back pain. Spine 1992;17:922-926.
53. Heliovaara M, Makela M, Knekt P, et al. Determinants of sciatica and low-back pain. Spine 1991;16:608-618.
54. Holmstrom EB, Lindell J, Moritz U. Low back and neck/shoulder pain in construction workers: occupational workload and psychosocial risk factors. Spine 1992;17:663-672.
55. Roncarati A, McMullen W. Correlates of low back pain in a general population sample: a multidisciplinary perspective. J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1988;11:158-164.
56. Cox JM, Trier KK. Exercise and smoking habits in patients with and without low back and leg pain. J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1987;10:239-245.
57. O'Connor FG, Marlowe SS. Low back pain in military basic trainees: a pilot study. Spine 1993;18:1351-1354.
58. Battié MC, Videman T, Gill K, et al. Smoking and lumbar intervertebral disk degeneration: an MRI study of identical twins. Spine 1991;16:1015-1021.
59. Harvey BL. Self-care practices to prevent low back pain. Am Assoc Occup Health Nurs J 1988;36:211-217.
60. Bigos SJ, Battié MC, Spengler DM, et al. A prospective study of work perceptions and psychosocial factors affecting the report of back injury. Spine 1991;16:1-6.
61. Frymoyer JW, Pope MH, Costanza MC, et al. Epidemiologic studies of low-back pain. Spine 1980;5:419-424.