Education and Counseling to Prevent Low Back Pain
36. Gundewall B, Liljeqvist M, Hansson T. Primary prevention of back symptoms and absence from work. A prospective randomized study among hospital employees. Spine 1993;18:587-594.
37. Donchin M, Woolf O, Kaplan L, et al. Secondary prevention of low-back pain: a clinical trial. Spine 1990;15:1317-1320.
38. Kellett KM, Kellett DA, Nordholm LA. Effects of an exercise program on sick leave due to low back pain. Phys Ther 1991;4:283-293.
39. Linton SJ, Bradley LA, Jensen I, et al. The secondary prevention of low back pain: a controlled study with follow-up. Pain 1989;36:197-207.
40. Linton SJ, Bradley LA. An 18-month follow-up of a secondary prevention program for back pain: help and hindrance factors related to outcome maintenance. Clin J Pain 1992;8:227-236.
41. Dehlin O, Berg S, Andersson GBJ, et al. Effect of physical training and ergonomic counseling on the psychological perception of work and on the subjective assessment of low back insufficiency. Scand J Rehabil Med 1981;13:1-9.
42. Dehlin O, Berg S, Hedinrud B, et al. Muscle training, psychological perception of work and low back symptoms in nurses aides. Scan J Rehabil Med 1978;10:201-209.
43. Agency for Health Care Policy and Research. Clinical practice guideline, acute low back problems in adults. Washington, DC: Department of Health and Human Services, 1994. (Publication no. 95-0642.)
44. BNA special report. Back injuries: cost, causes, cases & prevention. Washington, DC: The Bureau of National Affairs, Inc., 1988.
45. Reddell CR, Congleton JJ, Huchingson RD, et al. An evaluation of a weightlifting belt and back injury prevention training class for airline baggage handlers. Appl Ergon 1992;23:319-329.
46. Ahlgren SA, Hansen T. The use of lumbosacral corsets prescribed for low back pain. Prosthet Orthot Int 1978;2:101-104.
47. Andersson GB. Factors important in the genesis and prevention of occupational back pain and disability. J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1992;15:43-46.
48. Heliovaara M. Risk factors for low back pain and sciatica. Ann Med 1989;21:257-264.
49. Boshuizen HC, Verbeek JH, Broersen JP, et al. Do smokers get more back pain? Spine 1993;18:35-40.
50. Frymoyer JW, Pope MH, Clement JH, at el. Risk factors in low back pain; an epidemiologic survey. J Bone Joint Surg 1983;65:213-218.
51. Battié MC, Bigos SJ. Industrial back pain complaints: a broader perspective. Orthop Clin North Am 1991;22:273-282.
52. Bigos SJ, Battié MC, Fisher LD, et al. A prospective evaluation of preemployment screening methods for acute industrial back pain. Spine 1992;17:922-926.
53. Heliovaara M, Makela M, Knekt P, et al. Determinants of sciatica and low-back pain. Spine 1991;16:608-618.
54. Holmstrom EB, Lindell J, Moritz U. Low back and neck/shoulder pain in construction workers: occupational workload and psychosocial risk factors. Spine 1992;17:663-672.