Bogus Botox Fells 4 in Florida
Rx for Safe Botox Treatment: Find Respectable Doctor continued...
Here's advice from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery on how to find the right doctor:
- Check a doctor's board certification. All medical specialties offer certification to recognized specialists. Make sure your doctor is certified in his or her field.
- Check facility accreditation. Make sure that the hospital or clinic in which the procedure takes place has a valid state or Medicare license.
- Check hospital privileges. Hospitals evaluate a doctor's training and competency for specific procedures before granting operating privileges.
- Check reliable sources. Asking your doctor to recommend a cosmetic practitioner is a good way to start. The American Board of Plastic Surgery offers a free referral service.
- Check thoroughness. A doctor should be willing to tell you about the risks of any procedure. If you don't feel a doctor is answering your questions, this isn't the right doctor for you.
- Check rapport. Not every qualified doctor is right for every patient. Find a doctor with whom you can communicate freely.
- Check follow-up care. Ask about a doctor's policy on follow-up visits.