Home Spa Recipe for Natural Hair Conditioner continued...
Some tips on choosing oils: Citrus scents -- lemon, lime, grapefruit, tangerine and orange -- are wonderful mood lifters, as are essential oils of bergamot, rosemary, and cardamom. If you're more in need of mellowing out than pepping up, pick soothing scents like lavender, clay sage, sandalwood, chamomile, pine, and vetiver.
* Excerpted from Mom Spa by Jennifer Sander. Copyright Â© Fair Winds Press 2006.
Natural Eye De-Puffing Treatment
If your eyes are red and puffy from a long day spent squinting at the screen, lie down with your feet up and use one of the following treats to soothe and de-puff your precious peepers.
- Lay thinly sliced cucumber on your eyes.
- Use damp, used tea bags, or cotton squares dampened with cool tea.
- On top of the cucumber or tea compresses, lay an unopened bag of frozen peas over your eyes. This is an old trick from plastic surgeons to reduce swelling after eye surgery.
- After a good night's sleep, your eyes will be good as new!
*Courtesy of International Skin & Body Care, Redlands, Calif.