Top Cosmetic Procedures for Men
Here are the top 10 fastest-growing male cosmetic procedures by percentage increase in 2010 over 2009:
- Facelift 14%
- Ear surgery (otoplasty) 11%
- Soft tissue fillers 10%
- Botulinum toxin type A 9%
- Liposuction 7%
- Breast reduction 6%
- Eyelid surgery 4%
- Dermabrasion 4%
- Laser hair removal 4%
- Laser treatment of leg veins 4%
Here are the 2010 top five most popular surgical procedures by number for men:
- Nose reshaping 64,000
- Eyelid surgery 31,000
- Liposuction 24,000
- Breast reduction 18,000
- Hair transplantation 13,000
Here are the top five most popular minimally invasive procedures by number for men:
- Botulinum toxin type A 337,000
- Laser hair removal 165,000
- Microdermabrasion 158,000
- Chemical peel 90,000
- Soft tissue fillers 78,000
Cosmetic Procedures for Men and Women
According to the 2010 American Society of Plastic Surgeons report on cosmetic procedures in men and women, breast augmentation remains the top overall cosmetic surgical procedure, a position it has held since 2006.
Overall, breast augmentations rose 2% in 2010, but eyelid surgeries rose 3%. Liposuctions overall rose 2%, tummy tucks 1%, and nose reshapings (rhinoplasty) declined 1% in 2010.
Botox treatments rose 12%, laser hair removal 5%, and soft tissue filler procedures were up 3%.
Microdermabrasion procedures for men and women combined fell 9%, and there was no change in chemical peels.
Other key findings:
- 48% of all cosmetic procedures are done on people between the ages of 40 and 54.
- 91% of all cosmetic procedures are on women.
- $10.1 billion was spent on cosmetic procedures in 2010, up 1.2% from the previous year.
- The region with the most cosmetic procedures performed, 3.7 million, was the Mountain/Pacific region.