HIRING FREEZE: New, nonsurgical solutions that erase age.
- Lancôme High Résolution Eye Refill-3X, $55.
- RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Filler, $21.95.
- L'Oréal Paris Collagen Filler Lip, $19.99.
- Givenchy Radically No Surgetics Global Age-Defying Eye Treatment, $100.
- Clinique Youth Surge SPF 15 Age Decelerating Moisturizer, $48.50.
WORKPLACE ADVANTAGES: The latest "lunchtime procedures" let you perk up without sacrificing too much precious office time. Boston derm Dr. Ranella Hirsch gives us the scoop.
WHAT IT IS: A porcine-derived collagen that fills fine lines, restores cheek volume, and lasts 12 months.
DOWNTIME: Minimal to none
COST: $500--$1000, depending on how much you need.
RISKS:: Bruising, swelling
WHAT IT IS: A multiwavelength laser that primes skin before treatment so pigment, red spots, broken blood vessels, or hair can be removed with a safer, lower dose of energy.
DOWNTIME: Up to three days
COST: About $1000 per treatment, with two to three treatments typically required.
RISKS: Bruising, burns, discoloration
NAME:Alma Lasers Pixel 2940, Fraxel re:store
WHAT THEY ARE: Ablative fractional resurfacing lasers that treat brown spots, fine lines, sun damage, scarring, and melasma, with limited injury to the skin.
DOWNTIME: Three days
COST: Starts at $1500
RISKS: Burns, discoloration
Originally published on February 20, 2009