Since you were recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
1. What causes bipolar disorder?
2. What’s the difference between Bipolar I and Bipolar II? Which do I have?
3. What medicines can help me, and how do they work?
4. What should I do if I forget to take my medication for bipolar disorder?
5. What should I do if I have a manic episode?
6. What happens if I quit taking the medication?
7. Why do I need psychotherapy in addition to medication?