Nervous System Problems - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- What is your main symptom?
- When did you first notice your nervous system problem, and what were you doing at the time?
- How often have you had these symptoms?
- What area of your body is most affected?
- How long do the symptoms last?
- Do you have pain? If so, what is it like (dull, sharp, aching, throbbing)? It may be helpful to keep a pain diary(What is a PDF document?).
- What seems to make your symptoms better or worse?
- Do you have other symptoms? Other symptoms may include:
- Do you use alcohol or illegal drugs?
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines do you take, and what are the doses? Bring all of your medicines with you to your next appointment.
- Have you had a recent illness or injury?
- Does anyone in your family have similar symptoms?
- Have you recently traveled outside of the country?
- Do you have any health risks?
Keep a diary of symptoms(What is a PDF document?) to review with your doctor at your next appointment.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 14, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Nervous System Problems Topics