Nervous System Problems - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your
doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the
- What is your main symptom?
- When did
you first notice your nervous system problem, and what were you doing at the
- How often have you had these symptoms?
- What area
of your body is most affected?
- How long do the symptoms
- Do you have pain? If so, what is it like (dull, sharp,
aching, throbbing)? It may be helpful to keep a
pain diary(What is a PDF document?).
- What seems to make your symptoms better or
- Do you have other symptoms? Other symptoms may include:
- Lack of coordination.
- Do you use alcohol or illegal
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines do you take,
and what are the doses? Bring all of your medicines with you to your next
- Have you had a recent illness or
- Does anyone in your family have similar
- Have you recently traveled outside of the
- Do you have any
Keep a diary of symptoms(What is a PDF document?) to review with your doctor at your next
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
August 28, 2013
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Nervous System Problems Topics