What Are the Symptoms of Myasthenia Gravis?
The symptoms of myasthenia gravis include:
- Droopy eyelids
- Double vision
- Difficulty swallowing with an increased risk of gagging and choking
- Change in the quality of one's voice
- Increasing weakness of a particular muscle group during continuous use of those muscles and improved strength of muscles after resting those muscle groups
- Weak cough
- Difficulty breathing, leading to respiratory failure (myasthenic crisis)
Call Your Doctor About Myasthenia Gravis If:
- You notice a droopy eyelid or double vision.
- You have any difficulty chewing or swallowing.
- You notice intermittent muscle weakness that improves after rest.
- You already have myasthenia gravis and experience any difficulty breathing.