10 Questions to Ask the Radiation Oncologist About Breast Cancer
Since you've recently been referred for
radiation therapy to treat your breast cancer, ask your radiation oncologist these questions at your next visit.
1. Do you recommend radiation therapy to treat my
2. What are the benefits of radiation therapy?
3. What types of radiation therapy would I be a candidate for?
4. How many treatments are involved and how long does each session last?
5. Where will I go for my appointments?
6. What precautions should I take while on treatment?
7. What are the side effects of my treatment and how should I manage them?
8. How should I manage any
skin irritation associated with treatment?
9. How might having radiation affect
breast reconstruction should I decide to have it?
10. What are the potential long-term side effects of my treatment?