Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Font Size

Your Cancer Specialists


How Do You Find a Cancer Specialist?

Usually, your primary care doctor will refer you to a cancer specialist. Many people rely on recommendations from friends and relatives. Your insurance company may also have a specific list of providers that they will work with.

There are other ways to get the names of cancer specialists. You could call your local hospital and ask for the names of cancer specialists who are on staff. You could get the names of cancer specialists through different medical organizations, like the American Medical Association, the American Society of Clinical Oncology, American College of Surgeons, or your local medical society. And you could contact top medical schools or cancer treatment centers in your state for references.

You can also use the WebMD Physician Directory to find cancer specialists near you.

1 | 2

WebMD Medical Reference

Reviewed by Melinda Ratini, DO, MS on September 03, 2014
Next Article:

What treatment concerns you most?