Childhood Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment (PDQ®): Treatment - Patient Information [NCI] - General Information About Childhood Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Certain factors affect prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options.
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on:
- The age of the child.
- The type of lymphoma.
- The stage of the cancer.
- The number of places outside of the lymph nodes to which the cancer has spread.
- Whether the lymphoma has spread to the bone marrow or central nervous system (brain and spinal cord).
- Whether there are certain changes in the chromosomes.
- The type of initial treatment.
- Whether the lymphoma responds to initial treatment.
- The patient's general health.
WebMD Public Information from the National Cancer Institute
September 04, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
Childhood Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment (PDQ®): Treatment - Patient Information [NCI] Topics