Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Pancreatic Cancer
If you've been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer (adenocarcinoma), here are good questions to ask your doctor:
- Where is my cancer located?
- How far has the cancer spread?
- What treatment options do I have?
- What is the overall goal of treatment in my case?
- If the expectation of therapy is not to cure the cancer, when should I consider hospice or palliative care? What do I need to know about advance directives?
- What are the risks and side effects of the proposed treatment?
- Am I eligible for a clinical trial? How do I find out?
WebMD Medical Reference from eMedicineHealth
Sujana Movva, MD on March 02, 2014
© 2014 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.