Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Pancreatic Cancer
A person who has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer (adenocarcinoma) should ask the doctor the following questions:
- Where is my cancer located?
- How far has the cancer spread?
- What treatment options do I have?
- What is the overall goal of treatment in my case?
- If the expectation of therapy is not to cure the cancer, when should I consider hospice or palliative care? What do I need to know about advance directives?
- What are the risks and side effects of the proposed treatment?
- Am I eligible for a clinical trial? How do I find out?
WebMD Medical Reference from eMedicineHealth
Arnold Wax, MD on October 13, 2011
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.