Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors (Islet Cell Tumors) Treatment (PDQ®): Treatment - Patient Information [NCI] - General Information About Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors (Islet Cell Tumors)
Certain factors affect prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options.
Pancreatic NETs can often be cured. The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following:
- The type of cancer cell.
- Where the tumor is found in the pancreas.
- Whether the tumor has spread to more than one place in the pancreas or to other parts of the body.
- Whether the patient has MEN1 syndrome.
- The patient's age and general health.
- Whether the cancer has just been diagnosed or has recurred (come back).