Wilms Tumor and Other Childhood Kidney Tumors Treatment (PDQ®): Treatment - Health Professional Information [NCI] - Treatment of Wilms Tumor
Table 3. Overview of Wilms Tumor Standard Treatment by Stage continued...
Current Clinical Trials
Check for U.S. clinical trials from NCI's list of cancer clinical trials that are now accepting patients with stage I Wilms tumor, stage II Wilms tumor, stage III Wilms tumor, stage IV Wilms tumor, stage V Wilms tumor and recurrent Wilms tumor and other childhood kidney tumors. The list of clinical trials can be further narrowed by location, drug, intervention, and other criteria.
General information about clinical trials is also available from the NCI Web site.
- Grundy PE, Breslow NE, Li S, et al.: Loss of heterozygosity for chromosomes 1p and 16q is an adverse prognostic factor in favorable-histology Wilms tumor: a report from the National Wilms Tumor Study Group. J Clin Oncol 23 (29): 7312-21, 2005.
- Dome JS, Cotton CA, Perlman EJ, et al.: Treatment of anaplastic histology Wilms' tumor: results from the fifth National Wilms' Tumor Study. J Clin Oncol 24 (15): 2352-8, 2006.
- Ehrlich PF: Bilateral Wilms' tumor: the need to improve outcomes. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 9 (7): 963-73, 2009.
- Shamberger RC, Anderson JR, Breslow NE, et al.: Long-term outcomes for infants with very low risk Wilms tumor treated with surgery alone in National Wilms Tumor Study-5. Ann Surg 251 (3): 555-8, 2010.
- Green DM, Breslow NE, Beckwith JB, et al.: Treatment with nephrectomy only for small, stage I/favorable histology Wilms' tumor: a report from the National Wilms' Tumor Study Group. J Clin Oncol 19 (17): 3719-24, 2001.
- Sredni ST, Gadd S, Huang CC, et al.: Subsets of very low risk Wilms tumor show distinctive gene expression, histologic, and clinical features. Clin Cancer Res 15 (22): 6800-9, 2009.
- Kalapurakal JA, Green DM, Haase G, et al.: Outcomes of children with favorable histology wilms tumor and peritoneal implants treated in National Wilms Tumor Studies-4 and -5. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77 (2): 554-8, 2010.
- Grundy PE, Green DM, Dirks AC, et al.: Clinical significance of pulmonary nodules detected by CT and Not CXR in patients treated for favorable histology Wilms tumor on national Wilms tumor studies-4 and -5: a report from the Children's Oncology Group. Pediatr Blood Cancer 59 (4): 631-5, 2012.
- Nicolin G, Taylor R, Baughan C, et al.: Outcome after pulmonary radiotherapy in Wilms' tumor patients with pulmonary metastases at diagnosis: a UK Children's Cancer Study Group, Wilms' Tumour Working Group Study. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70 (1): 175-80, 2008.
- Warmann SW, Furtwängler R, Blumenstock G, et al.: Tumor biology influences the prognosis of nephroblastoma patients with primary pulmonary metastases: results from SIOP 93-01/GPOH and SIOP 2001/GPOH. Ann Surg 254 (1): 155-62, 2011.
- Ehrlich PF, Ferrer FA, Ritchey ML, et al.: Hepatic metastasis at diagnosis in patients with Wilms tumor is not an independent adverse prognostic factor for stage IV Wilms tumor: a report from the Children's Oncology Group/National Wilms Tumor Study Group. Ann Surg 250 (4): 642-8, 2009.
- Breslow NE, Collins AJ, Ritchey ML, et al.: End stage renal disease in patients with Wilms tumor: results from the National Wilms Tumor Study Group and the United States Renal Data System. J Urol 174 (5): 1972-5, 2005.
- Hamilton TE, Ritchey ML, Haase GM, et al.: The management of synchronous bilateral Wilms tumor: a report from the National Wilms Tumor Study Group. Ann Surg 253 (5): 1004-10, 2011.
- Aronson DC, Slaar A, Heinen RC, et al.: Long-term outcome of bilateral Wilms tumors (BWT). Pediatr Blood Cancer 56 (7): 1110-3, 2011.
- Sudour H, Audry G, Schleimacher G, et al.: Bilateral Wilms tumors (WT) treated with the SIOP 93 protocol in France: epidemiological survey and patient outcome. Pediatr Blood Cancer 59 (1): 57-61, 2012.
- Davidoff AM, Giel DW, Jones DP, et al.: The feasibility and outcome of nephron-sparing surgery for children with bilateral Wilms tumor. The St Jude Children's Research Hospital experience: 1999-2006. Cancer 112 (9): 2060-70, 2008.
- Ritchey ML, Green DM, Thomas PR, et al.: Renal failure in Wilms' tumor patients: a report from the National Wilms' Tumor Study Group. Med Pediatr Oncol 26 (2): 75-80, 1996.
- Fuchs J, Wünsch L, Flemming P, et al.: Nephron-sparing surgery in synchronous bilateral Wilms' tumors. J Pediatr Surg 34 (10): 1505-9, 1999.
- Horwitz JR, Ritchey ML, Moksness J, et al.: Renal salvage procedures in patients with synchronous bilateral Wilms' tumors: a report from the National Wilms' Tumor Study Group. J Pediatr Surg 31 (8): 1020-5, 1996.
- Wilms' tumor: status report, 1990. By the National Wilms' Tumor Study Committee. J Clin Oncol 9 (5): 877-87, 1991.
- Ritchey ML: The role of preoperative chemotherapy for Wilms' tumor: the NWTSG perspective. National Wilms' Tumor Study Group. Semin Urol Oncol 17 (1): 21-7, 1999.
- Zuppan CW, Beckwith JB, Weeks DA, et al.: The effect of preoperative therapy on the histologic features of Wilms' tumor. An analysis of cases from the Third National Wilms' Tumor Study. Cancer 68 (2): 385-94, 1991.
- Kist-van Holthe JE, Ho PL, Stablein D, et al.: Outcome of renal transplantation for Wilms' tumor and Denys-Drash syndrome: a report of the North American Pediatric Renal Transplant Cooperative Study. Pediatr Transplant 9 (3): 305-10, 2005.
- Ali AN, Diaz R, Shu HK, et al.: A Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) program comparison of adult and pediatric Wilms' tumor. Cancer 118 (9): 2541-51, 2012.
- Montgomery BT, Kelalis PP, Blute ML, et al.: Extended followup of bilateral Wilms tumor: results of the National Wilms Tumor Study. J Urol 146 (2 ( Pt 2)): 514-8, 1991.
- Breslow NE, Takashima JR, Ritchey ML, et al.: Renal failure in the Denys-Drash and Wilms' tumor-aniridia syndromes. Cancer Res 60 (15): 4030-2, 2000.
- Shamberger RC, Haase GM, Argani P, et al.: Bilateral Wilms' tumors with progressive or nonresponsive disease. J Pediatr Surg 41 (4): 652-7; discussion 652-7, 2006.