Vaginal Cancer Treatment (PDQ®): Treatment - Patient Information [NCI] - General Information About Vaginal Cancer
When found in early stages, vaginal cancer can often be cured.
Treatment options depend on the following:
- The stage and size of the cancer.
- Whether the cancer is close to other organs that may be damaged by treatment.
- Whether the tumor is made up of squamous cells or is an adenocarcinoma.
- Whether the patient has a uterus or has had a hysterectomy.
- Whether the patient has had past radiation treatment to the pelvis.