Helping Your Child Use a Nebulizer
Help your child get the most out of their asthma treating nebulizer. These simple guidelines show you how.
What to Do After Nebulizer Treatment
Once all of the asthma medication has been delivered, it’s important to
disassemble and clean the nebulizer properly before storing. Here are the steps
you need to follow:
- Open the nebulizer cup and clean it thoroughly with dish detergent and
water, but do not wash or rinse the air compressor tubing.
- Air dry the pieces in a clean location.
- After they’re dry, store the nebulizer cup and tubing in a plastic
- Once a week, cleanse the nebulizer cup in a mixture of water and vinegar
after you wash it. Check with your child’s doctor for guidance on proper
- Also, check the filter on the nebulizer every week and replace it as soon
as it becomes discolored.