Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Children's Health

Lead Poisoning Directory

Lead poisoning occurs when you absorb too much lead by breathing or swallowing a substance with lead in it, such as food, dust, paint, or water. Too much lead in the body can cause irreversible problems in growth and development in children and cause serious health problems for adults. The most common source of lead poisoning is from lead-based paint and dust found in old homes or buildings. Follow the links below to find WebMD's comprehensive coverage about lead poisoning, what it looks like, how to prevent it, what to do if you get sick, and much more.

Medical Reference

Features

Thumbnail: Are Natural Beauty Products Better?

Be careful with "natural cosmetics": they may not be better and they may not be safer.

Read Full Article

Video

Health Tools

News Archive

Today on WebMD

child with red rash on cheeks
What’s that rash?
plate of fruit and veggies
How healthy is your child’s diet?
 
smiling baby
Treating diarrhea, fever and more.
Middle school band practice
Understanding your child’s changing body.
 

worried kid
fitArticle
boy on father's shoulder
Article
 
Child with red rash on cheeks
Slideshow
girl thinking
Article
 

babyapp
New
Child with adhd
Slideshow
 
rl with friends
fitSlideshow
Syringes and graph illustration
Tool
 
6-Week Challenges
Want to know more?
Chill Out and Charge Up Challenge – How to help your tribe de-stress and energize.
Spark Change Challenge - Ready for a healthy change? Get some major motivation.
I have read and agreed to WebMD's Privacy Policy.
Enter cell phone number
- -
Entering your cell phone number and pressing submit indicates you agree to receive text messages from WebMD related to this challenge. WebMD is utilizing a 3rd party vendor, CellTrust, to provide the messages. You can opt out at any time.
Standard text rates apply