Half a Million More Toys Recalled
Thomas the Train, Toy Gardening Tools Among the Latest Toys Recalled Because of Lead Paint
WebMD News Archive
Sept. 26, 2007 -- Time to check the kids' toy box again. More than half a million additional toys today were recalled due to lead paint.
Lead poisoning can permanently harm children, but it typically doesn't happen overnight. No injuries have been reported in the latest round of toy recalls, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
As with the many other toy recalls issued this year, the CPSC advises people to take the recalled toys away from children immediately.
The latest list of recalled toys (all of which were imported from China) includes:
- About 350,000 children's toy gardening tools and chairs sold at Target stores nationwide from August 2006 through August 2007 for between $3 and $10. The recall includes the Happy Giddy Gardening Tools and the Sunny Patch Children's Chairs. Return the toys to Target for a full refund.
- About 200,000 Thomas & Friends wooden trains. The recall involves five toys from the Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway product line: the all-black cargo car included only in the Brendam Fishing Dock set, the toad vehicle, the olive-green Sodor cargo box included only in the Deluxe Cranky the Crane Set, and all-green maple tree top and green signal base accessories. For more information, call RC2 at (866) 725-4407 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central time Monday through Friday or visit the firm's web site at http://recalls.rc2.com.
- About 16,000 toy rakes sold exclusively at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft stores nationwide from January 2007 through September 2007. The recalled children's rake has a green handle attached to a yellow, duck-shaped head and seven purple tines. "Robbie Ducky Garden Collection Rake" is printed on a tag attached to the handle of the 24-inch rake. Return the rakes to Jo-Ann Fabric and Crafts for a full refund.
- About 10,000 Children's Puppet Theaters from Guidecraft Inc. of Englewood, N.J., sold for about $90 at specialty toy stores, gift shops, catalogs, and web sites nationwide from June 2006 through August 2007. For more information, call Guidecraft at (888) 824-1308 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday or visit the firm's web site at www.guidecraft.com.
- About 800 "Knights of the Sword" toys from RC2 Corp. The three recalled products are silver knights mounted on red horses and were sold at specialty toy stores nationwide from April 2004 through March 2006 for about $8. For more information, call RC2 at (866) 725-4407 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit the firm’s web site at http://recalls.rc2.com.