Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) Oxford Scientific
(2) CDC/ Dr. Dennis D. Juranek
(3) Glow Images
(4) Darlyne A. Muraawski / National Geographic
(5) Interactive Medical Media LLC
(7) Dr. P. Marazzi / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(8) Photo Researchers, Inc.
(9) Getty Images
(10) Peter Cade / Iconica
(11) Glow Images
(12) IAN HOOTON/SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
(13) George Bernard / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(14) Véronique Burger / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(15) BSIP / Phototake -- All rights reserved.
American Academy of Pediatrics Clinical Report.
Dale Pearlman, MD, department of dermatology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA.
Frankowski, B. American Journal Managed Care. 2004.
Hoekelman, R., ed. Primary Care, Mosby, 2001.
Jahnke, C. Archives of Dermatology, 2009.
Lebwohl, M. Pediatrics, May 2007.
Richard J. Pollack, PhD, department of immunology and infectious diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston.
Roberts, R. New England Journal of Medicine, May 23, 2002.
University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Reviewed by Dan Brennan, MD on June 29, 2017
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.