When Eleilia Preston gave birth to her first child, the last thing she worried about was lead in toys.
The stay-at-home mom, who describes herself as "over-the-edge careful," made sure that little Megan was always within eyesight. She documented each bite her daughter ate and washed all her toys, several times a week.
That's why Preston, 29, was so shocked when doctors diagnosed the toddler with lead poisoning.
At 21 months, Megan far exceeded every developmental milestone for her age group. She...